Wednesday, August 25, 2010

What a great day we had! Cooking outside and playing Frisbee

My wife and I had such a great time this evening. First of all let me tell you that I have been working too hard lately, I am exhausted, irritable, and always sleepy. However that didn’t stop me this evening! First my wife and I played a couple of games of checkers. She beat me both games, like she always does. She is a much better player than me; Then we built a fire of oak and hickory wood under our grille and cooked some salmon, pork steaks, and fish, mmmmmmmm. We had that with fresh garden grown tomatoes and some corn on the cob, once again mmmmmmmm.

We ate our meal outside sitting in the yard swing, then we spent more time in the swing talking. Finally I got a frisbee and we spent most of an hour tossing it back and forth. We were hot and tired when we got done, but it was great fun and relaxing. We came in and took our showers. Now I am having a nightcap to further relax me before I go to bed. Once again I say to all of you, “its the small things in life that make it worth living”. May all of your days be as good as this one has been for me. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment