Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Please yourself, You can’t live any life but your own

When I was young man music was music, with real lyrics and catchy tunes. Now so much of it is nothing but junk. I’m sorry if I offend anyone with my opinions, but its true. Most lyrics now sound like something a 10 year old would write, and who knows, maybe they are. I miss the old ways sometimes. Now things seem so easy and shallow. People are not real but are made up mannikins of what they want other people to think they are. What good is that? I don’t agree with the shallow ways of people and I don’t agree with being gay.  Ok, I am old fashioned but when I was young, men were men and sheep were scared! Brokeback Mountain to me should mean a mountain where you break your back working, not get it broken getting humped by some other man. What is wrong with our world that says decent normal people are despised and freaks are revered? I really wish I knew the answer to that. We just don’t know where to draw the line anymore. People seem to think that if a little is good, then a lot has to be better. Try that with salt in your food and you will soon see that its not necessarily good. Too much is too much, use moderation in all things. Being different is great, as long as its something respectable, and something that will bring you true happiness. Unfortunately happiness is not what so many people seem to think it is, impressing others. Please yourself, have the courage to live your own life. Don’t be different just because you think its cool, be different because its what you really want. Don’t be afraid to chase your dreams, just be careful and consider your dreams to be sure its what you really want. Just do this, pretend that you are the only person left in this world. Then decide what would really make you happy and go for it. After all we do live our lives alone. Alone in our own mind. The time we share with others should be a blessing, not a contest….

No comments:

Post a Comment