Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My eyes are not what they used to be

I am getting older, not old, just older, and I am suffering from what we call short arm disease. My arms are not long enough to hold a book back far enough for me to read. I am what they call far sighted and its getting worse. I guess I am going to have to give up and go check on getting some eyeglasses. I hate too but its time. What is weird is that even though I am now far sighted, when I was young I was near sighted for a couple of years. I wore contact lenses back then and after about 2 years I got tired of wearing them and just stopped. My eyes seemed to heal and my vision returned to normal for many years. Now I am near sighted. I have never heard of that happening to anyone else. Here at home I wear reading glasses and they help a lot. Without them I can't really see to read well enough to enjoy it. Every word is a struggle. Ok I know what I have to do. I need to make an appointment with an optometrist and get some new glasses. Maybe then I will see things that I have been missing for the last few years lol. It will be hard for me to decide on what shape I want for the new glasses. Should I get something cool? Or just functional? I'll let you know after I get them...

No comments:

Post a Comment