Monday, March 22, 2010

Don't forget to use coupons when you shop

We all know how slow our economy is right now. Its of utmost importance to make every dollar count when we shop. One of the best ways to save money on the products we buy is to use coupons when we shop. Sometimes it can seem that using coupons are not worth it but let me tell you a story and then you can make up your own mind. Several years ago I saw a program on tv where a woman went grocery shopping and when she got what she wanted, she had two carts full of food. The cashier rang up the groceries and the total was an extravagant amount. Then the shopper handed over her coupons. When the cashier finished adding them up, the shopper only owed a couple of dollars. Yes I said a couple of dollars! I was amazed to say the least. My wife and I shop at Walmart a lot. In fact just last week we bought a new 52" LCD tv. We drove a lot of miles to find the tv we wanted and then had to haul the tv all the way home, in the rain. Now we have discovered that if we had known what to do, we could have got free shipping of our new tv right to our hometown Walmart. In fact there are many ways to save money when shopping with Walmart, such as using Walmart coupons, or buying clearance items. Imagine how much money you could save the next time you shop at Target if you arrive with a handful of Target coupons. I love electronics and buy them often. I am going to be more careful from now on and try to find coupons and special deals so I can save a lot of money. That brings me back to our new tv. Its a high definition tv but we don't yet have all the cables we need for high definition. We also need a new cable to connect our computer to it. Then we will have a 52 inch computer monitor! Wow, can you imagine that? We are excited about it. I usually check out prices online before I buy and this time I did good. There is a site called Eforcity that has some great deals on cables, switches, wall mounts, adaptors, etc. I'm going to try to get time to place my order today and hopefully in a few days our new tv will have a picture that looks like its painted on!

No comments:

Post a Comment