Thursday, September 23, 2010

Start your funeral planning now and make it easier on your loved ones later

One of my friends lost his mother this week and when they went to the funeral home to make arrangements everything bad that could happen, did happen. I felt so sorry for my friend. I won't go into detail on his dilemma but it made me realize how important it is to get things done right so the bereaved family doesn't have more than the loss of their loved one to deal with. Good planning to take care of your future funeral home needs, is wise because you can set up a prepayment plan. They are available from 1 to 15 years, with annual or semi annual payments.

There are several options to consider in planning the final arrangements for someone. We can go for a standard burial or cremation. With standard burial we have many things to decide; such as open or closed casket funeral, how much to spend on a casket, whether to use a vault or not, and many more things. Some cemeteries require vaults and some do no, but a good funeral director can help you with every detail of your funeral planning. If we choose cremation we have to choose whether or not to have a funeral and a viewing before the cremation. Rental caskets are available for these purposes.

There is a not a lot of difference in price between cremation and burial, if you have a viewing and funeral with both. Cremation without a funeral or viewing can be much cheaper. Price is often the main deciding factor in which choice people make. Without a prepayment plan, cremation may be the only affordable option for some. Funerals can be quite expensive, so careful planning ahead of time is of great importance. Burial or cremation, its your choice. I originally chose to be cremated, but my wife doesn't want me to. We have only been married for a few years but I know that she is the love of my life. For that reason I agree with her on being buried instead of cremated, and I want us to someday lie side by side, just as we walk through life together. We can be together for all eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment