Monday, November 2, 2009

Chicken condo and no work

I have missed so much work lately that my wife and I are starting to eye our chickens with something besides love lol. It seemed like the rain would never stop but finally it did. We don't have rain in the forcast for more than a week now. Hopefully that prediction will be right. When it rains our loggers can't bring logs to our mill so if we don't have enough logs stockpiled we don't get to work. Thats what happened this time and we haven't had a full week of work in nearly 2 months. We are doing fine, just not having extra money to waste, and the time off work is great! We work hard and haven't had any time off in several years, except for our short vacation. I have enjoyed staying home with my lovely wife. We have took some walks in the woods, when the rain allowed us too, cooked together, worked and played together. I love having her here. For those of you that don't know, my wife is from the Philippines and I married her there and had to leave her two days after our wedding in 2007. I didn't get to see her in person again for nearly 2 years. Finally we got her visa approved and she arrived here in America last March. We have a lot of time to make up for together so missing work is great, as long as we can still pay our bills and eat. In other news I worked more last Saturday on our chicken condo lol. We call it that now because it has so many walls, gates, partitions, fences etc that merely calling it a chicken house or pen doesn't cover it all. We have chickens of every kind and color it seems and they are about to eat us out of house and home. Now its nearly our time to let them feed us for a change. It will be hard to do that but its what we got them for. Of course the hens will be safe because we will keep them to lay some eggs for us. Mmmmmmmmmm I'll let you know how those fresh eggs and chicken taste. Gettin hungry now! Gotta go. Everyone have a wonderful week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment