Friday, November 13, 2009

I hate politics!

My blog is not about anything political, but I would like to express an opinion on that subject anyway. In general I hate politics and despise most politicians. They often lie, cheat, and steal their way into a position called "serving the people". What they are really doing is screwing the people. Not all politicians are like this and to the few that are honest let me say that this post is not about you, and I have the highest respect for the ones that do oppose the crooked system of government we have and try to do what is right. Only a few remain that match that description. Why would anyone put their own selfish motives above the good of all? For the life of me I can't understand that. In my own (selfish) opinion I think that the IQ's of these people must be measured in single digits, maybe even fractions. In their opinion their own small selfish life is worth more than all the millions of people that they represent, and that put them in the high office they occupy. They respect nothing but money and power. Well I hate to be the one to break the bad news, but we are pretty much powerless in this life. We didn't know we would be born, and we don't know when we will die or what will happen to us on the way. Power is a wraith that people clutch at out of insecurities, but never catch. Lies, deceit, cover-ups. They are all an integral part of our government today. Sometimes I am not the giving person that I wish I was, BUT! I would never even consider putting my desires above the good of all the people in this nation, or even a few of them. What good is it? We only live for a few years and so what if we leave a basket of money behind. Will they paper our coffin with it? If so we won't know it because we will be dead. So what if we leave behind a name that will be remembered for a few years. I don't want to be remembered for screwing my supporters, but it seems that a lot of politicians do. What counts in life my friends is that we work and pull together to improve our society. Even ants know that one, but seemingly most of our politicians do not. Maybe that is because "poli" comes from a Greek word meaning many, and of course we all know that "ticks" are blood sucking parasites. I rest my case............

No comments:

Post a Comment