Thursday, February 11, 2010

Valentines Day and a huge Teddy Bear

Valentines Day is coming soon. Yesterday my wife and I went shopping and I bought her a HUGE Teddy Bear. This bear is so big that I told my wife if I see it somewhere in the dark, I may shoot it. That is a joke of course, but the bear is bigger than my wife. She looks so cute holding it because it looks like it should be holding her instead.P1060863

This is the first year that my wife and I will get to spend Valentines Day together. She arrived here from the Philippines 11 months ago. She said that she will keep her big teddy forever, and when we have children they can play with it. I told her I doubt it, because an adult has trouble playing with that bear, its so big lol.

My wife and I feel that we are blessed by God. I am an American and she is a Filipina. We met, got married, got her a visa to come here, and it all took nearly 3 years. 3 long years that we didn’t get to be together except for my short visits to her country. We had so much to overcome. It tried our patience and sometimes measured the level of our love and trust for each other. We persevered and now we have the most wonderful sharing relationship. Its a romance and partnership that I only imagined before, but never thought I would find. May all of you someday find your perfect love like we did. Happy Valentines Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment