Thursday, January 13, 2011

I save a lot of money by doing my own mechanic work

I discovered a long time ago that I was good at working with my hands. I also discovered that I can save a lot of money by doing my own mechanic work. I haven't took a car to a garage for professional service in many years. Professional mechanics now charge from $50.00 to $100.00 or more per hour! That is a lot more than I can afford, plus I have the satisfaction of knowing that when I fix my car the job is done right. What I do is purchase the car parts online, and have them delivered right to my door. Then I install them and the job is done. Its quick and easy.

I live and work in a rural area, and I really don't have the time for a weekday trip to town for auto parts. That is why I usually buy them online. The online prices are usually very competitive, and I often save a bundle compared to buying the same parts at the auto parts store in town. There is a lot of competition online so with just a little shopping around, I always get the best deal. If you are mechanically inclined this is something for you to consider also. If you are not mechanically able you can still save a lot of money by buying your parts online, and then having your favorite mechanic install them.

No comments:

Post a Comment