Friday, January 21, 2011

Even in ugly circumstances, life is always beautiful

I have  had a terrible time of it at work lately. It seems that the harder I try the more things go wrong. They are mostly things that are beyond my control, but that doesn’t make it any easier. I have been getting more and more stressed out and I have to be careful not to take it out on my wife when I get home.

Yesterday was no exception; We started off the work day with the usual trouble, and to make matters worse, we were outside trying to fix the problem. The day got colder and colder, after beginning with snow and a road so slick that I shouldn’t have gone to work in the first place. We nearly froze before we finally found and fixed the problem with our equipment. Everyone was miserable and discouraged before we finally succeeded in getting everything running properly again.

It occurred to me later that no matter how hard our day is, and no matter how miserable we are, life is always beautiful. It is full of ups and downs, but they are all for a purpose and we should try  hard to learn from all of our experiences, not only from the good ones. Life brings us many trials, but without them  life would be an empty shell. Too much success makes a hollow person. In spite of my sometimes hard life I thank God for letting me have so many experiences, and for giving me the means to earn my own way and take pride in what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment