Thursday, September 24, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!

Yesterday was my birthday and I got spoiled rotten! I got to go to work 2 hours late and then we got to come home in just a few hours, so I had a short workday. When I got home my wife had cooked my favorite Filipino foods for me, made me a cake and decorated it, and made a beautiful card. She is very artistic and the cards she makes look like they come from a store. She made my day very special, but of course she makes every day special for me. She is the love of my life and I thank God every day for her. My mother called to wish me happy birthday and then later my brother called also. His birthday is the day after mine. We talked on the phone for several hours, until my ear was sore from holding the phone against it. All in all it was a wonderful birthday and I enjoyed it a lot. Our chickens are growing very quickly, wow! I had no idea that chickens could eat so much or grow so fast. I have to get off the couch soon and finish building their pen. I have to make a gate and put a door on the new part of the chicken house, put a partition in the pen to separate hens and roosters, and put a tin roof on the new house. Maybe this weekend I can do some of that. Its been raining a lot lately, but hopefully its over for a few days at least. We are all ready for some sunshine. We are out of work now too because of the rain. We are doing maintenance to the equipment and hoping the rain will stop so our work will pick up. Ok weekend is near now so everyone have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment