Sunday, September 20, 2009

Brooster the Rooster rides again!

What a week! It rained nearly every day, but all in all it was a pretty good week. I don't have any exciting news, but our chickens are growing very quickly now. They are very pretty, in all colors. One little chicken has made friends with my wife and my wife pets it sometimes. The little chicken will even sit on her knee and eat food from her hand. I enclosed a picture so you can see them. Thats only a small part, most of the chickens are inside the chicken house, but you can see some of the different colors in the picture. The big white rooster is "Brooster". I named him that because of an old joke that my brother used to tell me every time he saw me. Lol he would forget that he had already told me before. He was just a kid at the time and he thought the joke was hilarious, so every time I went to visit he would say, hey have I told you the joke about Brooster the rooster? We are both much older now of course but he laughed when I told him what I named that rooster. Fall is very near now. Some of the leaves are already changing colors. Our garden is starting to die now and we only get a few things to eat from it. This is the first year that I have had a garden or animals other than a dog. Thank goodness my wife is here with me now and we are realizing our dreams one at a time. It took so long to get her a visa to come here from the Philippines to be with me that sometimes we nearly gave up hope, but all was worth it and worked out well in the end. We want to have a baby as soon as possible, maybe in the next year or two. I hope all of you have had a wonderful weekend! Take care and enjoy the fall weather that is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment