Friday, March 25, 2011

Watching my weight and eating right is my goal this summer

Spring is here at last! The weather here is absolutely great; its unseasonably warm, lots of sunshine, and everything is turning green. Soon it will be time for something that is not so enjoyable; mowing the lawn. Usually my wife drives the rider mower and I do the trimming. I have gained a few pounds this year and I need to lose some of this extra weight, hopefully before mowing time comes around. If I don't lose the weight by dieting, I will probably lose it from the extra exercise from working outside in the yard and garden this summer. There are many different kinds of diets that a person can try. There are of course the never ending fad diets, diet pills, even special diets and Bariatric Advantage supplements for people who have, or are planning to undergo surgery.

There is a lot of hype about dieting and exercise, but they can be extremely effective, especially when used together. Keeping our bodies healthy and in good physical condition is like putting money in our life bank. I am an older man married to a much younger lady, and I want to have many years to spend with her in good health. I stopped smoking several years ago, I am trying to make healthier decisions on what food I eat, but there are still issues that I need to address to keep myself in good health. I am lucky that I don't have to take any prescription medicines yet, but if I don't watch my weight, blood pressure, etc, the time may come soon when my body starts to fail. One health decision that my wife and I have made recently is that we intend to grow more of our food, and learn to preserve it by canning, drying, and freezing. Home grown veggies, and even some of our meat. Mmmmm I am going to enjoy this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment