Sunday, March 20, 2011

Country life is so peaceful and fulfilling

This is March 17, but it feels more like May or June. It is unseasonably warm. My wife and I have been working outside for the last 2 days. We decided to make a new garden spot because our old garden gets too much shade and doesn’t produce well. We live in the mountains and there are so many rocks mixed with the soil that it takes a lot of work to make a garden. We have tilled the new spot over and over, picked up what rocks come to the top, then till it again, pick up more rocks, etc. We are both worn out and our backs are sore and tired lol. We are not complaining though. Its so good to just be outside after being inside all winter. I jokingly told my wife that I am glad that tomorrow is a work day. I need to go back to work to get some rest.

This mountain is so peaceful and quiet this afternoon. Everywhere I look there is tranquility and sunshine. I am now doing nothing, just sitting here in my comfy chair, thinking about a nice shower and some tv later. I love the country life; cities make me nervous although I do see many things that are interesting and fun when I visit. My wife is just like me in her tastes. She stays here all week, alone all day while I am at work. By the weekend she is usually ready for a trip to town. However, within an hour or 2 after getting to town she is ready to come home. When we down the driveway to our home she usually says her version of the old saying “There is no place like home”. She says “Home is the best place”. I agree with her and I thank God for her and for my peaceful tranquil life here in the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment