Sunday, July 8, 2012

Hope our weather is finally getting better

This has been the driest and hottest summer already that I can remember. Last summer was hot and dry also but this year the grass on our lawn is dead. Just a lot of nearly bare dirt showing. I don’t know what the rest of the year will bring, but yesterday we finally got a small shower of rain. Today it’s cooler and it feels so good and refreshing. The air is not full of heat and dust like it has been. We have chances of rain for the next couple of days; I hope we get a lot. My wife and I have been watering our garden from our small pond, but the pond is getting very low on water too. The garden has been difficult this year; first it was the deer that kept eating it at night while we slept, then it was the heat and dryness. We finally built a fence about 8 feet tall around the garden and kept the deer out. They had already butchered a lot of the plants, but most of them are re-growing now. We just had some stir fry made from our fresh veggies. Pretty yummy. It was so dry here that fireworks were banned. I didn’t see or hear even one firecracker go off.

No comments:

Post a Comment