Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Wow, what a winter storm we have!

We have a saying here that if you don’t like the weather, just hang around for a few minutes, it’ll soon change. Last Saturday the temperature was nearly 80 degrees, and today we are in the middle of a near blizzard. Freezing rain, sleet, and snow, along with strong winds and rapidly falling temperatures. I guess we are not alone, about 30 states are having weather issues.

We went to work this morning and one of my friends hurt his finger badly. I had to call the boss at home and request that he take him to the doctor. The finger was cut badly, and broken. On the way to the hospital they ran into slick roads, so they called back and told us to go home. We were glad to get that news and had just barely got home when the sleet and snow hit. I was worried about my wife being here alone and the possibility that I might not be able to get home. She is from the Philippines and I don’t want her to have to spend a night alone here in sub freezing conditions. It’s just too dangerous. Anyway I am home now and we are safe and sound. Our chickens are not, they are soaking wet and tonight is supposed to be cold! I think they will wish that they had enough sense to come in out of the rain before they got wet lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment