Thursday, February 3, 2011

I haven’t got to work much this week, and I’m loving it!

I have been off work most of this week because of the huge winter storm and severe cold weather. Its great! I was burned out at work and the time off is just what I needed to keep my sanity for a little while longer. We were originally going to return to work tomorrow and I was dreading it so bad, because the cold is still really deep and penetrating. My boss called earlier and said that we will wait another day. Freedom again! Lol, I was so glad to hear that. Of course my paycheck is going to suffer, but sometimes money isn’t the most important thing. I have gotten to spend a few extra days with my wife, enjoying each others company. That can’t be replaced with money. We have cooked together, watched movies, played on the computers, talked, and just enjoyed life. We even drove our tractor up the driveway in the snow and ice yesterday. We nearly froze, but we have enjoyed it all. I’m not sure that I can say the same for our chickens. Lol, they are cold and not quite as lively as usual. We have been giving some of their feed to the little birds in our yard. The birds are lucky because everything is covered with ice and snow so food is hard to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment