Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Being older means less energy and longer recovery times

Its sad but true; when we get older we get tired more easily but it takes longer to get our energy back afterward. I have been working 6 days per week and I am so tired that my mind is starting to wander. It seems that even if I sleep long enough that I should be rested, I'm not. I get more tired every day. Surprisingly though its not only me. Even the young guys at work are dragging and slowing down. I am sure that part of it is the weather but part of it is also that we are getting older every day. Oh for the good ol' days when a few hours of sleep would make me good as new. When I was in my twenties I would often not sleep for 2 or 3 days and then I would sleep 12 to 15 hours and catch up on my rest. Now I think I could sleep 20 out of every 24 hours and still be tired.

Maybe we just need some good vitamins, or perhaps I should stay at home and let my young wife work lol. She would probably love it, but being a man I feel that I should be the bread winner. However, I know that the day is coming when I won't be able to do it and by then my wife will be used our culture. Then it may be her turn to work while I take care of the house, and hopefully some kids by then too. That is our plans; I will work as long as I can and then my wife may have to take over that department. I think we will be fine because I can get social security benefits and with my wife working too, we should have enough. Its not really our desire to ever be rich. Not in money anyway, just rich in love and caring like we are already.

Everyone have a great coming weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment