Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Moving To Hartford

I appreciate the guest post, Marian Combs

I am from a small town, so when I moved to Hartford I was intimidated. My hometown was so small we only had one stoplight, and I had to go to a high school 30 miles away. I know that moving to Hartford isn’t moving to the biggest city in the world, but compared to what I was used to it was a metropolis. Everything was a challenge for me at first. I needed help with everything from getting a Connecticut drivers license to connecting my direct TV Hartford. I am lucky that my roommate was so nice and helpful those first few months. She knew how hard it was for me, and instead of making fun of me she was always there to help. She didn’t need to be so good to me, but she was anyways. When I look back at how naïve I was it is crazy. I have matured so much and come such a long way since then. I’m not sure if I got a new roommate that was like me when I first moved here I would have enough patience to help them as much as my roommate helped me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you about a broken link on your site. Please email me back and I would be happy to point them out to you.

    Thanks!

    Randy
    randydavis387@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete