Thursday, November 4, 2010

When is someone going to find a way to save our planet and resources?

It worries me a lot sometimes to think about how fast we are messing up this earth we live on, and using up its resources. I know, I know, its old hat and has been discussed over and over. Its to no avail because none of us are willing to give up our high standard of living, just so our children and grandchildren can also have decent lives with enough to eat, and fuel to burn for heat and transportation.

When did people become so selfish and self centered? Have we always been that way or have we been brainwashed and desensitized by what we see on tv, and in real life? Are we really willing to use up everything this earth has to offer in just a few short years, and to heck with all the humans who live after us? Evidently the answer to that question is a resounding "yes"! I am as guilty as the rest. I care deeply, but I can't seem to find any answers. I have to drive my car to get to work, to pay my bills, to buy food, to have the creature comforts I and my wife crave. I keep waiting for someone else to invent something that will change the world. A way to fuel our car and heat our home, that will not destroy the American dream for those to come. I keep waiting and waiting. I wish someone would act. Good gosh, I just realized something! Maybe everyone else is waiting on ME to act!

No comments:

Post a Comment