Friday, December 25, 2009

A White Christmas!

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr its so cold here! First it started raining last week, but it was warm then. Last night a full fledged winter storm came roaring in and the temperature plummeted, and the rain changed into snow and sleet. We didn't get as much snow as the forcast said we might but it was enough to make Christmas Day a stay at home day. My wife and I didn't go anywhere, we just stayed home and celebrated here by taking a long evening nap lol. Actually we celebrated last night by opening our gifts and exchanging a lot of hugs. We even turned on our webcam so my wife's family in the Philippines could watch us while we did gift exchange. This is the first Christmas my wife and I have got to share together. It was pretty neat having a white Christmas. Its the first one in more than 15 years. We were going to try to make the long drive to my mothers house to have Christmas Dinner with my family but one of my nieces got pretty sick last night so they postponed our family celebration until Sunday. We were kind of glad we didn't have to go today because the roads were probably slick. Its a 2 hour drive under the best of circumstances and today it would have been much longer. I would like to wish everyone out there a wonderful Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Hopefully your day was full of joy, peace, and love, and hopefully you got to spend it with the ones you love most. God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment