Friday, December 4, 2009

Cold weather and a dead chicken

Last weekend my wife and I put up our Christmas Tree and decorated our house for Christmas. I am so excited this year that Christmas is near. Its the first Christmas that my wife and I will get to spend together. We are going Christmas shopping tomorrow. I can't wait to get some packages under the tree and I can't wait to see her eyes on Christmas morning when its time to unwrap the gifts. Wellllll if she is good we may open them on Christmas Eve. The weather here is pretty cold this week. We have had temperatures down in the teens and tomorrow morning is supposed to be 15 degrees. Hope our chickens don't freeze. Naw I'm kidding, their house is pretty snug, at least the hen house is. The rooster house isn't yet but they can take the cold pretty well. Speaking of chickens, when I came home from work one day this week I saw a dead chicken in our yard. It had evidently flew over the fence. We are not sure what killed it but our dog took the rap for it. I think the dog did the deed but of course I can't prove it. I saw a bobcat near our house the day before so its possible that it did it and then got scared away before it could eat the chicken. We will never know for sure, unless our dog learns to talk. I buried the chicken to remove temptation from the dog and now we have decided to clip the wings of all the chickens so they can't fly over the fence. That will be a hard job because there is so many of them. Ok I have decided on several gifts that I will probably buy for my wife for Christmas but I can't tell you yet because she will probably read this to see if I told lol. I'm just glad she is here with me this year. I thank God for my wife and for the blessings he has given us. We have been married for 2 1/2 years but have only got to live together for 9 months. She is from the Philippines and we had to get a visa for her before she could come here. Of course at the blazing speed that our government works that only took nearly 2 years. Its hard having a wife or husband halfway around the world and spending holidays alone wishing they were here. That nearly two years seemed like 10 years. Do you know what would make a nice Christmas gift this year? I love grandfather clocks hint hint. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment