Wednesday, February 23, 2011

George Strait is amazing

I like George Strait. The man has been around for many years, and he is still going strong. You have to respect the distance he has come in a dog eat dog world. He seems like such a nice guy that its amazing he could go so far. I guess the old adage that “nice guys finish last” doesn’t pertain to him.

Anytime you turn on the radio, or go listen to a live band, you will hear George songs. All day today I have been singing to myself at work. The song “Old Troubadour” has stuck in my head and I can’t get it out. I looked up the lyrics online last night and now I am singing it constantly. Unfortunately my voice is not as good as George’s.

There are many music artists but I think most will soon be forgotten. Only a few have risen above the crowd to the point that their songs will be around for many years to come. George Strait is one, and there are others like Merle Haggard and George Jones in the country music genre. They are to country what Led Zeppelin and the Rolling Stones are to rock. I play music also and when I was young I wanted to play with a successful band. Actually I did play with a semi successful band but I soon learned that it wasn’t the romantic life that I had dreamed it to be. Its hard work, little or no home life, and a lot of disappointments. I have to respect anyone that has made it as big as George Strait, and still remained a nice approachable human being.

No comments:

Post a Comment