Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Remember Hoyt Axton?

It was Della and the dealer and a dog named Jigs, and a cat named Kalamazoo. Going out West in a pickup truck, gonna make their dreams come true.

The above lines are part of the lyrics of a song by Hoyt Axton and is from the 1980’s I think. The lyrics may not be quite right but close enough. I have no idea what those lines mean and can’t remember the rest of the song. For some reason I play that tune in my head sometimes. I liked Hoyt Axton’s voice, it was deep and resonant. He was an actor in the movie Gremlins and in several other movies as well. He died a few years ago, I think from a heart attack. I just wanted to say a few words about him in remembrance. Hoyt Axton I enjoyed your songs and acting, and we miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment